Wedding cake tasting must be up there amongst the most enjoyable aspects of planning your big day. What is not to love about sampling delicious cake and deciding what flavours would be most enjoyed by you and your guests?! At Cove Cake Design wedding cake tastings are operated via a sample box service which has been hugely popular with clients. Obviating the need for yet another appointment sample boxes are delivered to your door, allowing for tasting and discussion in the comfort of your own home.
Here are some FAQs about the service:
- I have booked my wedding cake with Cove Cake Design, how to I order a tasting box?
- Once you have reserved your date your name will be put on the next available tasting box list which suits your diary. The tasting service operates every 2-3 months. Tasting boxes are complimentary for clients who have booked their wedding cake.
- I am not getting married but would love a tasting box! Is this possible?
- Unfortunately due to limited availablility only wedding cake clients can be accommodated on the tasting box service.
- I would like to taste some of Cove Cake Design’s flavours before booking my cake, is this possible?
- Due to limited availability priority on our tasting box service is given to those who have already reserved their wedding date with Cove Cake Design. However if you wish to try samples prior to booking and a box is available on a particular dispatch then I would be delighted to send one to you! Prior to payment of booking deposit there is a €40 charge for tasting boxes which can be redeemed against your wedding cake deposit should you choose to proceed with an order.
- How many flavours are in the box?
- The boxes contain 6 delicious samples from the menu.
- Can I choose which flavours I would like to sample?
- Flavours are chosen by Cove Cake Design depending on a number of criteria including seasonality and availability of ingredients. However if you see particular favourites on the menu which you would like to try please do let me know and I will do my utmost to include as many of these as possible!
- How are the boxes dispatched?
- Boxes are sent via overnight registered delivery.
- Will the samples stay fresh?
- The samples are wrapped tightly and well-packaged. Once you receive your samples it is recommended that they are consumed within 24 hours
- Do you ship tasting boxes overseas?
- Samples can be shipped to the UK but unfortunately shipping further afield would not be advisable as we could not guarantee freshness of the samples. Should you live overseas please let me know if you plan to visit Ireland in advance of your wedding day and I can arrange samples for that date. Alternatively if you have friends or family in Ireland they may (!) be willing to do the tasting for you.
- I couldn’t decide which flavours I would like, can I have a second box?
- Additional boxes can be dispatched at a cost of €15, subject to availability. This is not redeemable against your wedding cake cost.