Who We Are
Types of Data Collected
To enable us to respond to enquiries, provide clients with the right product or service to meet their needs, and fulfil customer requests, we collect Personal Data from a number of sources. These sources include but are not limited to, our website contact forms, our E-Commerce platform, our blog comments, and our mailing list subscription form. We also collect Personal Data from referrals from existing clients and wedding planners. Personal data collected may include first and last name, email address, phone number, postal address, payment details.
We may collect information on how the website is accessed and used to improve user experience. This non-personal information may include information such as device type, IP address, browser type, pages of the site visited, time spent on pages, location and other diagnostic data.
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use client Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site. We may need user information to display content on the site correctly.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback users provide to improve our products and services.
- To propose, quote and deliver our professional services. We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide that service.
- To process payments for goods or services.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the information users provide to send information and updates pertaining to their orders. It may also be used to respond to their enquiries, questions and other requests.
How We Protect User Information
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data and have taken proactive steps to protect your data in compliance with General Data Protection legislation. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practises and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data.
Transfer of Data
We may employ third party providers to facilitate our services, to provide a service on our behalf, or to assist us in analysing how our service is used. These third parties have access to User data only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Sharing User Information
We do not sell, trade or rent user Personal Data to third parties.
Links to Other Sites
If you leave a comment on our site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If you leave a comment on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Retention of Data
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from those we know are under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Under Data Protection Law, users have rights over their personal information:
- The right to access the Personal Data we hold about you
- The right to request information on how we collect, store and use that data
- The right to update your personal information
- The right to remove consent to use your personal information
- The right to request we delete your personal information
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us on email@example.com
There right to delete your personal information does not apply in the following circumstances:
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with Cove Cake Design
- If you have made a purchase we will keep your personal data in relation to that transaction for accounting purposes
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner. Contact details are available on www.dataprotection.ie. If you are outside the Republic of Ireland you can contact the relevant Date Protection Commissioner in your country of residence.
Your Acceptance of These Terms