Private Cake Decorating Class
OUT OF STOCK
Do you struggle to achieve a perfect finish on your cakes? Or would you like to learn how to create beautiful, delicate and lifelike sugar flowers? Then a private cake decorating class with Suzanne of Cove Cake Design is for you. Whether you are a hobby baker or would like to upskill in your cake business, spend a day under the expert guidance of Suzanne, learning her signature techniques and tricks amassed through years of practice.
Classes are based in Suzanne’s home kitchen in South Co. Dublin and run from 9.00am-3.00pm. Please select your topic preference from the Ganaching and Sharp Edges or Sugar Flower class options and your preferred available date from the drop-down menu. Price includes all materials, refreshments and a light lunch. Full notes will be provided.
Once you have made your purchase Suzanne will contact you via email to finalise details.
In the Ganaching and Sharp Edges option you will learn the following:
- How to make white chocolate ganache for coating a cake, learning all the tips for working with this medium
- How to level, torte and fill a cake with buttercream and jam to achieve perfect layers
- How to cover the cake in white chocolate ganache as a perfect base for sharp edge fondant
- How to cover the ganached cake in sharp edge fondant, learning a variety of techniques to achieve a perfectly smooth finish. Marbled and stone effect fondant are options.
- How to dowel and stack a tiered cake
- Using a dummy tier you will learn how to use stencilling and piping to create an effective decorated tier
In the Sugar Flowers option you will learn the following:
- How to approach sugar flower making and ways to get inspiration for your flowers
- Essential equipment for making sugar flowers
- How to work with flower paste to achieve delicate and realistic sugar flowers.
- How to colour flower paste with paste colours and finish flowers with dust colours to achieve a depth of varied colour
- You will have the choice of making one main flower (eg. Rose, O’Hara rose, David Austin Rose, Dahlia, Ranunculus, Peony) and smaller filler flowers and foliage.
- We will discuss sugar flower storage and arrangement.
- Christina Brosnan PhotographyRomantic Country Estate WeddingOctober 14, 2022 - 1:37 pm
One of the highlights of working on weddings is receiving images from clients from their wedding day. After months of communication working on the details of their wedding cake, it is delightful to see the cake in the context of the overall style of what is without doubt a joyous life event.